How to setup Google Mail (Gmail) to send an email with your own email address
First step, sign in into your Gmail account, and add other email address you own (example:firstname.lastname@example.org) as another address you can send from.
Go to Gmail > create a new account, or login to an existing one.
- Go to Gmail.com.
- Either create a new Gmail account, or login to an existing one.
- On the top-right of the page, click on the Settings Cog Icon > then click on Settings.
- Click on the Accounts and Import link.
- Find the Send mail as: section, click on Add another email address you own.
- In the yellow coloured pop-up window that shows up, enter in the name and email address for the account you’re adding, un-check Treat as an alias, and click Next Step >>
- On the next page leave the option Sent through Gmail (eaiser to setup) selected, then click on the button: Next Step >>
- Google will send you an verification email to the new email account you have entered, so go ahead and click on Send Verification.
- Check your inbox of your email account, and you can either: simply click on the verification link, or alternatively copy 7 paste the confirmation code into the verification box, and click on Verify.
- Go back on the Accounts and Import link and you should now see your new email account added, go ahead and click on Compose.
- Now in the From drop-down, select your new email and write in the text for your email and click Send.
I have put together a a visual representation below.